Monday, March 15, 2010

liberty purchases, etc.

I made it to Target yesterday after church and after going out for breakfast. It was so much fun discovering all the Liberty of London stuff all over the store. Still, I wish there was more.

I picked up this lampshade but didn't think I needed the lamp. Turns out I don't have any of the style of lamp (not a harp) to hold this kind of lampshade large enough. So I might go back for the lamp base if it's still there. I also bought a candle (you have got to sniff them...unbelievably wonderful!), a storage bin, a ruffly blouse, and a tray. I talked myself out of getting a jacket.

It's still so dark and rainy around here and shopping for such bright and cheery things was just what I needed to feel like Spring!

Later, in the afternoon while Alfredo napped, I curled up on the sofa, watched Summertime starring Katharine Hepburn and did a little embroidery. It was a delicious little mid-day escape.

The sun is due to come out tomorrow and I'm hoping we'll make it downtown to catch the circus parade on Capitol Hill. Won't that be fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment