Monday, January 10, 2011

Land of the dinosaurs!

 Do you want to see Alfredo's new Dinosaur Room?
 Alfredo is way into dinosaurs and has been for a while. But just in case this is a passing phase, this theme can be changed fairly easily.

I bought these dinosaur decals from Amazon...the three big ones plus a set of small ones. I think the total was about $50 for all of them. But that was just about the only expense in this update.

The walls were already painted with the sky and hills from when we first prepared this room. Remember?
I wanted to keep the scallop edge along the top of the walls but quite a few of them were wilting and coming off. Maybe I'll add more someday.





 I picked up this super cute trunk from Ikea yesterday. Sometimes Alfredo has a little trouble at night. I told him to fill the trunk with things that he thinks will help him fall asleep at night. We tried it last night and I think it worked. He only popped in our room once and that was to say he thought of something he wanted to add to his room...a volcano!

 This sweet vintage bed used to sport bird finials (they were so cute!) but for his new room he needed dinosaurs. These 4 were from the dollar bin at Michael's. I just glued them to a wooden disk and then to the bed but they can be removed when the theme changes.
 He doesn't really play in his room...it's more for quiet time, naps and bedtime so there aren't a lot of toys in here.

I think we do need a bigger bookshelf. I have an old one that needs a fresh coat of paint.


And even though it's filled with scary dinosaurs...

I do think it's turning out to be rather sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment