Wednesday, November 3, 2010

thank you, thank you, thank you


Thank you so much for all the magazine love. I'm so glad you are enjoying it.

I'm not going to lie--it was an insane amount of work. For weeks now, I've worked on it from early in the morning before anyone awakes until late at night when everyone is asleep, taking breaks to feed people or empty the dishwasher or read a bedtime story.

For that reason, I want to say thank you first to my sweet Rich and Alfredo. Thank you for being so patient. Thank you for oooing and ahhhing. Thank you for understanding when I say "I'm just going to finish this one little thing" might mean another hour. Your support and love mean the world to me.

Thank you to my friend Pam who spent nearly as many hours poring over this issue as I did. She dedicated her time to making beautiful photos and proofing pages. When I ask Pam for her opinion, I know I'm going to get a thoughtful answer. Thank you, Pam, for putting your life on hold for days at a time.

Thank you to my friend Charlotte for all your support and encouragement. 

This is starting to feel like an acceptance speech...so maybe I should wrap it up.

Thank you to all the contributors who made the most incredible projects ever. I had a rock-star list of artists who donated their time and love and this magazine wouldn't exist without it.

Thank you to the advertisers for supporting this little project.

And thank you for your enthusiastic response. Please link to the magazine on your blog and tell everyone you know about it. My goal is 75,000 readers in a week. Help me get there! (Feel free to grab the cover graphic above for your blog post)

p.s. And for those who want a printed version, I hear you. Let's see what I can do...

No comments:

Post a Comment