Wednesday, December 16, 2009

cupcake scarf

I bought this blanket (from Ikea)

and a bunch of these containers (from The Container Store)

Because I had an idea for a really cute, really cheap-o gift...

A scarf disguised as a cupcake!


I used to sell something similar (a ruffled scarf rolled up and sold in the same sort of large cupcake-like liner container) so I can't really take credit for this being a totally original idea. (The one I sold is no longer available but it was distrubuted by Two's Company).

I'm sure you can guess what I did. I cut the blanket into strips about 8 inches wide and got 8 scarves from one $20 blanket. I started to roll hem all the edges but decided (after it took forever!) that it was okay to keep the frayed edges. And then I sewed felt beads all over it. I cut the beads in half to be extra frugal but I'm thinking that the next one might have fewer whole beads on it.

Also, I'm working on some flowered versions...


Alfredo and I had an extra special Christmas treat today. We went to the traveling version of the Rockette's Christmas Spectacular. We had possibly the worst seats but it was still wonderful. Alfredo really loved it. And when I asked what his favorite part was he said "the beautiful ladies". How cute is that?

Today's matchbox is by the very beautiful lady, Maija Lepore.

And look how delightful the surprise is inside...

And today's door...

No comments:

Post a Comment