Monday, October 24, 2011

baggage, check!


This project is a part of Eileen Hull's super fun Sizzix Fresh Vintage Hop!
Welcome, Hoppers!

I had never really used a Sizzix Big Shot before but boy, oh boy, is this thing fun to use! It cuts through all sorts of things, including felt, matboard and chipboard! Maybe you guys already know about this, but, to me, this opens a whole new world of possibilities...

These tiny suitcases are fabulously fun to make...I just covered the matboard front and back with decorative paper (using spray adhesive) and ran it through the machine.

This is what it came out looking like...

Scored and cut...all you do to assemble is attach brads and glue in two places. Easy peasey!

I especially love the cupcake suitcase...



Now I think these boxes would be perfect for surprising someone with a travel gift...a trip to NY, etc. Wouldn't that be fabulous?

But I also think it would be fun to outfit these tiny suitcases with craft supplies to give as gifts to friends at a crafting weekend...


Something like this? Isn't that fun?


I found these tiny crayon and watercolor sets at World Market a couple of years ago in with their stocking stuffers. You can get tiny wooden spools from craft stores...just wind a bit of floss or baker's twine on. Add vintage treasures like a tiny doll, charms, etc. Tiny folded scissors come in handy when you're crafting on the go. 

You should go and see all the fabulous things people are making with Eileen's fun Sizzix dies...including more suitcases today! Click on the blinkie on my sidebar or visit Eileen's blog to "hop" along!

p.s. I'm still working on the Christmas issue...it's the home stretch and I'm so excited about how it's looking! Check back here next week for the release!

No comments:

Post a Comment