Monday, October 31, 2011

All Things Halloween

It's been a busy weekend! Friday was Cole's classroom harvest party. Crepe paper pumpkins were filled with string cheese and grapes. Prize bags went to the winners of the dress the scarecrow relay race. The boys did a taiko performance at Case Western University Friday night, but I forgot to take photos :(

My only Halloween house decoration was the dining room chandelier. Picked up a neat decaying leaf swag, miniature red battery operated lights, and two cute flies at Suncrest Gardens. Chris carved the Dracula pumpkin for the centerpiece at last night's feast. The gift of HalloVine was a nice addition to the meal.
Upper left is the Steak on a Stake, followed by tomato-basil bisque and roasted garlic potatoes, crusty bread crucifixes, and topped off with Fluffy the Vampire Slayer mousse. I wished I had purchased the round mirrors to use as placemats. Ran out of time, but if we do a vampire dinner again, I will definitely use that idea.
I'm looking forward to being a bum tomorrow. Saturday found us attending two outdoor events. The first one was a naturalist-led hike at an area trail and the second was the coyote presentation. Very cool and the coyotes responded to the machine generated calls at two of the three outdoor locations. I sneaked a smooch with Mr. Scarecrow...shhh don't tell Chris.

Happy Halloween friends! I'm off to get Cole ready for trick-or-treating. Have a fun and safe evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment