Friday, December 24, 2010

merry christmas!

Merry Christmas from our house to yours!

My father is doing marvelously. Thank you so much for your prayers & support. I indeed made the trip to see him and I'm so glad I did. His spirits were high and his resolve even higher. The physical therapist said he's the strongest man she's ever worked with (his hand strength registered 20lbs more than men his age average) and he learned the way to safely move about by walker in an afternoon (she said it took a 55 year old woman she was coaching 2 weeks to do the same!). He's at a nursing home still but they're letting him come home for each day this weekend. When my sister told him the news about today he said that he'd come home this afternoon after his Christmas party at the nursing home. I don't know why but that is so adorable to me.

So this Christmas particularly for my family isn't so much about the wrapping of the gifts and all that stuff we busy ourselves with this time of year. Even more than ever as we prepare our hearts for the coming of our Lord we are filled with gratitude and awe in His Amazing Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment