Monday, December 13, 2010

a day of comfort & joy

I signed up for Teresa's 12 days of comfort & joy and have been so inspired. Sunday was rainy and cold so after church and breakfast out we settled in for a day at home. Rich watched football. Alfredo played quietly. And I made these cute collages featured in 12 days of comfort & joy...

Teresa's version had an adorable photograph of a baby but I thought I'd make an elf out of Alfredo...

 These photos aren't so great (it's a very grey morning here...)

When I showed my Peppermint Pete to Alfredo he said "Humpty Dumpty!"

When I was done making those two, I made a quick collage using a really wonderful Santa face from vintage gift wrap. Isn't it wonderful? The gift wrap was just one of the many wonderful papers I received in Cristina's A Very Vintage Christmas Ephemera Swap (what a great swap!)

Making these collages reminded me a lot of the collages I made in Lynn Whipple's class at Silver Bella...
My adorable boys!
The photo I used of Alfredo here was just after his first birthday, only a month after we met him. Look how joyful he is! So sweet.
So I lined up all these fun collages on my mantel for a little impromptu gallery...Doesn't it look fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment