Thursday, April 26, 2012

baby shower gift


When searching for inspiration for a baby shower gift for my sister-in-law, Robynn, I fell in love with this idea, found via Pinterest. At first I thought I would use some leftover muslin drawstring bags from another project, but, alas, they were too small. I didn't have much time to order more (and hope they'd arrive in time) so I decided to make my own. A big deal for me since my sewing machine kind of hates me.


I made 12 drawstring bags using fabric I've been hoarding.


Each bag has everything you need for a single diaper change...a diaper (size 1), a ziplock bag of wipes, a disposable changing mat (in case your diaper-changing venue is suspect), a bag for diaper disposal, and a bottle of hand sanitizer. The idea is that whenever you're running out, you can just grab a bag or two and trust that you have everything you need right there. Maybe you keep a bag stocked in the glove box, just in case. And then you restock them as you use them.


I was especially happy to find this basket (HomeGoods), since Robynn is decorating the baby's room in an owl theme. The 12 bags fit perfectly...and they look so sweet, all lined up and ready to use. 


I added a tag explaining the gift. I included information about the brand of diaper and wipes, just in case there's a problem. And I used a graphic from Pam's fabulous doodles...my favorite source when I'm making stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment