Friday, December 23, 2011

felt "paper" dolls


Here's what I'm finishing up today...talk about last minute! But I've actually been working on these, off and on (more off than on lately) since before Thanksgiving.

The idea is to make a paper doll from felt...the clothes just stick to the felt (the same way as a felt storyboard)


I used a Sizzix die for the paper doll, which made the job so easy! I embroidered a little face on each little girl and colored their cheeks with a bit of crayon.

I'm making 5 sets of these felt dolls for the little girls on our list...they'll each have a few changes of clothing, shoes, hairstyles. The hairstyles and dresses/shoes are separate dies. I found the dresses and shoes die on Etsy (the die has since been retired)


My friend Pam lent me the retired die to cut a cowboy hat and boots.

I glued each felt doll to a mattboard cutout of the same to give a bit of stability.


I'm going to package each set in a cigar box. If I have time, I'll make a little suitcase for each, using Eileen Hull's suitcase Sizzix die. But I'd better get back to work! Where are those elves when you need them?

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment