Thursday, March 29, 2012

Nose to the Chalkboard

My latest obsession...chalkboard paint. I have a small area between the dining room and kitchen that I've always wanted to use chalkboard paint. For less than $10 a can for the paint, it's a great deal to transform an ordinary space. I ended up painting the top portion of one of the walls with white paint to outline the images. I'll leave the bottom portions for the kids (and me) to doodle to our heart's content. We even have a "Question of the Day" that we've pretty much answered everyday. You can barely see it beneath the magnetic board.
I need to paint a fun exit sign above the door to the garage and I want to use more of the white outlined images here-and-there.
Wanted a bistro-like image in this space. I think I'll do a plump chef orchestrating from the "Take Note" hand to the left of this image.
You can usually find the wizard, a.k.a. Chris, in the basement, so he is "IN" for help with solving tech and home repair issues.
On Sunday, we had our neighbors over for Shayne's 21st birthday. My little artist buddy Adriana had fun doodling. I wanted to cry when I saw that she had written her "I love you" sentiment. What a cutie and I love her too! Then there's Cole with his Minecraft love and I don't know if he was too happy that all of his work had been erased. We'll see how long Adriana's images stay up ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment