Wednesday, November 16, 2011

a big little project

I have a really big but really small project that I'm planning. It has taken some convincing to get Rich to agree (and I'm not sure he has fully agreed) but here's what I want to do....

I would like to install a dollhouse door (or a fairy door...from here) on one side of our hallway wall...and on the other side, accessible by a closet, fit a dollhouse room box. I've been wanting to do this forever...and Pat's miniature Christmas (in the Christmas issue of Inspired Ideas) was just the inspiration I needed to push forward. (In other words, I've been working earnestly to convince Rich that it's a good idea and that we can do it)

My hope is that we can get it installed in the next couple of weeks and have it all decked out for Christmas. So here's a whole lot of fabulous miniature Christmas inspiration, courtesy the wonderful world of Mercedes' Liberty Biberty...


Here's her "country" house, all decked out for Christmas. Isn't it lovely?


I am crazy for all the detail!


There's a sweet little family, the Nylons, that lives in this house.


Here's a scene from the kitchen...doesn't Mom look ever so patient?


Daddy's home! What a sweet homecoming!


Can you get over how adorable this is?

Here's Christmas in another one of Mercedes' miniature spaces, "the barn"






And here's Christmas at "the cottage"...


I spy a tiny issue of Matthew Mead's magazine...



Mr. Nylon is looking cozy, perusing a tiny copy of Flea Market style!






Are you feeling as inspired as I am? All of the photos are used with permission from Mercedes' fabulous blog Libery Biberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment