Thursday, April 15, 2010

be kind

Worry is the opposite of faith.

I keep saying it and it's helping. That, and counting our blessings.

We're going to be okay. Truly, we are.

Thank you everyone for your concern and prayers.

Yesterday when I was so worried and stressed I needed something to get my mind off of things. I needed something big. So while Alfredo napped, I took all the pictures off the living room wall, spackled the nail holes, and sanded.

It's a little bit of a wreck in there right now but it felt so good to work on something big like that.

The thought of changing the living room has been in my head for a little while. I think the row of wooden houses I had above the sofa would look better along a hallway off the foyer. I might even paint the wall behind them with chalkboard paint.

Meanwhile, when I saw Katie Daisy's work over at Jenny's blog, I bought this poster immediately...


I'm working on a gallery arrangement of artwork to go over the sofa. I can't wait to pull it all together. And I'm going to try to do it without spending another dime.

The funny thing about this poster is that when I went to Michael's to buy a frame, this adage was tested a bit and I'm afraid I didn't do so well. It was Alfredo's naptime. My Michael's doesn't have a place in the parking lot to return the carts. On every other day we go there, I always make a point of returning my cart (and sometimes others in the lot along with it) all the way to the front of the store. But yesterday, I don't know, I was feeling lazy.

I'd parked way out in the parking lot, walked all the way to the car with Alfredo in the cart, unloaded my frame into the trunk, and started walking back to the store with Alfredo still sitting in the cart. I considered going the distance to return it properly but Alfredo was whining, so completely ready for his nap, and I was tired. So I nested our cart into another abandoned cart, took Alfredo out of the cart and started back to my car. And then I heard a man say "YOUNG LADY! If that cart hits my car, you're going to be in BIG TROUBLE!" I looked over a little confused. And then he started full-out cussing me out. Maybe it's my imagination, but I think he was even waving his cane at me high over his head. And he was sure mad, blaming the state of the world on bleep bleep lazy bleep bleep bleeps like me.

Anyway, I didn't do the kind thing. I just ran, my heart racing and my spare hand cupped to Alfredo's ear, back the car. Everybody stopped in the parking lot to stare at this angry old man and then back at me, fleeing the scene of the crime.

I got in my car and cried. You can be sure I won't ever make that lazy mistake again!

No comments:

Post a Comment