Thursday, August 16, 2012

clean!

 Wondering where I've been? Well, now I can show you the fruits of my labor....


my craft room reinstated.

Until recently, it has been a minefield of exploding boxes and bags, mountains of abandoned projects, and islands of stash and dash disasters.

I've shown you this prize before...my authentic pharmacy cabinet in blue. I scored this masterpiece on ebay years ago...for only $500. It was once in a pharmacy in nearby Leesburg. Just below the counter are drawers that pull out for additional surfaces, in glass and marble. They still carry the scent of sulfur and other chemicals that were once mixed there.

The best thing about this cabinet is being able to see all my supplies...and this time I sorted every bead, button, and tiny thing by color to make the best jars of happiness ever.


I can't tell you how lovely it is to have everything in order. I feel like a new person, really. The weight of that disorder is lifted and I am free. It's a beautiful feeling.


I bought three new pieces of furniture, all from Ikea. The piece above is a sideboard (Liatorp), now housing my fabric and assorted tools. The top provides a great place to display all the tiny things I love.


These two pieces are from the Hemnes collection at Ikea. Don't they look swell together? I especially love the glass cabinet...everything looks better behind glass.


And in jars...


The tiny jars in my blue cabinet hold pins, needles, and other small things that I often need in crafting. I know where to find them easily...and most importantly, where to return them.


I could look at these jars of pretty all day...


Here's the assortment of stuff behind the glass doors in that cabinet...I may need to rethink how I use this space better but for now this is how it looks.


I've had this ribbon holder for years, most of which it has gone unused. It dawned on me to use the big wooden spools and they work great!


There's still a little more sorting and organizing to do...but I couldn't wait to show you. Want to come over and play?

No comments:

Post a Comment