Thursday, January 5, 2012

birthday invitations...ninja style

So, Alfredo wanted a Karate/Ninja/Kung Fu party. I know these are all different but to a 5 year old...they are basically the same. Kicking, spinning, chopping all while screaming hi-yah!

I'd heard of a great small karate studio in our area that does birthday parties so we booked it for his birthday.

Today, Alfredo's birthday invitations are going out...


I used an image from istock and customized it with Alfredo's sweet face.


I printed them 2-up on cotton resume paper. To make the scrolls, I cut dowels to 9" and glued wooden beads to the ends (I used two different sizes of beads and each used a different size dowel so check before you buy) I used plain old Scotch tape to attach the paper to the scrolls. It worked better than any glue and actually looked pretty nice.


I thought that small mailing tubes were pretty easy to find at office supply stores...but alas, no. We took a little hike today to Tyson's Corner to the Container Store and scored these pretty red ones...just a buck each.


We also invited all of his preschool class...those invitations were just passed out at dismissal today, sans mailing tube.

Up next....I'm hoping to make a dragon cake! And personalized head wraps.

p.s. Suddenly, I'm not so lazy. But the tree is still dressed. I think I'll take your advice and take it down after Epiphany, this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment